The Garmin AERA 500 GPS
touch screen portable offers easy transition from flying to driving with an intuitive, icon-driven user interface. The aera models feature crisp 4.3” QVGA widescreens, plus the simplicity of a single cable solution for power.
For aviation, aera combines colourfully detailed topography with built-in terrain alerting, high resolution terrain, and airways are also available with selected models.
Aviation Features and Specifications
- Easy-to-use touch screen interface
- Bright 4.3” diagonal, color touch screen display; 480 x 272 pixels; WQVGA TFT display with white backlight
- Lithium-ion battery - lasts up to five hours, depending on usage and settings
- Flight Plans: 50 with up to 300 points each
- Flight log: At least 30 most recent flights
- Auto time zone – aera will automatically adjust your time zone while navigating
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver with WAAS position accuracy for improved performance and reception
- Simplified PC connectivity, using USB mass storage for easy data base updates at http://fly.garmin.com
- Unit dimensions – 5.3”W x 3.3”H x 0.9”D
- Weight – 9.5 oz (270g)
- Rugged and waterproof (IPX-7)
- Interface with SL30 and SL40 for frequency tuning
- Preloaded street maps
- Turn-by-turn directions with voice guidance - “Turn right on High Street”
- Bluetooth wireless technology– enabling hands-free calling
- Micro-SD™ card slot for optional mapping and data storage
- Trip computer records mileage, max speed, total time and more
- Garmin Connect™ Photos – associate your favorite images with saved locations and visit Garmin Connect at http://connect.garmin.com to download new images with included coordinates
- Built-in travel kit includes features such as picture viewer, world clock, currency and measurement converters and calculator
- Popular optional accessories include: motorcycle mount
Package includes: aera 500, yoke mount, automotive friction mount, vehicle power cable, battery, USB cable, pilot’s guide, quick start manuals
The UK's Independent Review Site
Delightful to deal with. Friendly, efficient service, great prices and quick delivery. Couldn't ask for more. Very satisfied. Many thanks.
Paul Walton, Buckinghamshire
Amazingly prompt delivery, overnight.
J Sewell, Largs, Scotland
Many thanks for your exceptional customer service, I always encourage my flying friends to buy from you because of this."
Tony (Tottenham, London)
To calculate your shipping click here >>
Free UK Mainland delivery on orders over £150.00 inc VAT
£5.40 inc VAT (up to 500g Royal Mail 1st Class recorded post)
£7.20 inc VAT/20Kg (ParcelForce 2 working days)
£12.00 inc VAT/20Kg (ParcelForce next working day).
Delivery prices will be calculated and displayed at checkout
Some products entail special delivery costs (e.g. Hazardous goods)
We are an EASA part 145 approved organisation. Our policy is to sell only high quality products which offer good value for money. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase please return the goods in original condition and packaging within 28 days of purchase for replacement, exchange, or a full no quibble refund.