The Aware 5 GPS is a moving map system that gives pilots vital visual and audible warnings if they are heading towards controlled airspace. Each system comes with the very latest airspace definitions and CAA 1:500,000 VFR chart for the UK displayed on a crystal clear full colour five inch screen. The larger screen now gives 30 per cent more screen area than the previous Aware units. Users can then download airspace updates available every 28 days on the AIRAC cycle. As with the original Aware system airspace updates are free for the life of the product.
In line with Airbox data integrity policy, airspace data has been sourced direct from NATS to ensure the utmost levels of accuracy and precision.Alert Features
• Controlled Airspace (Control Areas, Airways & Zones)
• Aerodrome Traffic Zones
• Danger and Prohibited Areas
• Restricted Airspace (inlcuding temporary, such as air shows etc.)
• Transponder Mandatory Zones
• MATZ, ATZ, GVS, PSL, HIRTA
Note: all airspace warning updates are provided free of charge and are available every month in accordance with the AIRAC cycle.Product features
• Preloaded NATS VFR UK Charts (1:500,000) with Moving map
• Airspace and Obstacles Audible and visual warnings
• Altitude sensitive warnings which contain information such as class, distance, levels, name.
• The frequencies relevant to airspace warnings are also displayed when a warning is made.
• Current GPS altitude for comparison
• In front of the aircraft, a line shows where you will be in 5 minutes
• At the bottom of the screen, the Aware tells you your current location and your position relative to the nearest airfield
• An EMERGENCY button on-screen provides access to standard emergency information (emergency transponder codes, emergency frequency, current position, current heading, current time (UTC)
• Superb 5 inch sunlight readable screen
• Durable metal case construction
• Bright, clear touchscreen display
• Simple route planning
• Add and remove waypoints
• Visual Airspace warning, intelligent to your current height
• Load and Save routes
• Bundled with the accessories you need
• Compatible with Fastplan PC desktop flight planner
• W:120mm H:80mm D:15mm
• Up to 3 hours runtime
Aware 5 PLUS features an additional route planning functionality.
• Set destination and add waypoints simply by pressing on the screen
• Enroute Track, Bearing, Groundspeed, Distance and ETE information
• Load and save an almost infinite number of routes into the system
• Set often-used routes as favourites
• View routes including distances and bearings
• Reverse routes when you get to your destination
• Works with Fastplan PC flight planning softwareWhat you get:
Aware 5 GPS Unit (with NATS VFR UK Charts (1:500,000) preloaded on SD card), 12/24 V cigarette lighter power adapter, 240 V power adapter, USB cable, windscreen suction mount (incl. cradle), Instruction pamphlet.