The new PMA450 brings to the pilot a new invention, thanks to the cooperative efforts of the United States Air Force. What Air Force pilots know as Multi-talker, we call it IntelliAudio®.
A digital communications interface, IntelliAudio® places Com 1 and Com 2 audio in various positions within the stereo headset, making simultaneous radio signals sound as if they are coming from different locations. Com 1 and Com 2 audio can be placed in 9 unique positions, making it easier for the pilot to concentrate on the radio of choice while ignoring the radio of lesser importance at the time. For example, the pilot can choose to pay attention to ATC while ignoring ATIS, depending upon what is pertinent at the moment.
The PMA450 is the most advanced audio panel yet, and it is very easy to use. Access to the advanced capabilities as well as initial audio panel setup is all accomplished by the pilot through just three soft-keys and a graphic display human interface. This particular approach is the ultimate in intuitive operation, nearly eliminating the need for an operator's manual; it's all there on the screen.
The PMA450 IntelliVox® automatic VOX system, invented by PS Engineering in 1997, provides both pilots and passengers with intercom squelch control. By consensus of the GA community, IntelliVox® “works like magic”, eliminating the need for any manual adjustments to the intercom squelch.
Digital control of the hi-fi stereo audio system allowed PS Engineering’s designers a tremendous amount of flexibility, ranging from music distribution, volume control for just about every input, and ability to customize labeling of specialized switch input signals.
Another much sought-after capability is PMA450’s Bluetooth® implementation. This wireless system connects various Bluetooth® enabled devices, providing a seamless connection to entertainment and telephone devices. The utility of using a phone comes into play when an IFR clearance is required at an uncontrolled airfield. With the din of the engine(s) and radios tuned and set, the phone can act as a third com for calling departure control.
The audio panel allows the pilot to make personalized adjustments to just about any and all of the audio inputs going into the audio panel; eliminating trips back to the avionics shop and providing settings that are just right for the pilot. There is no need to hook-up to a computer, saving time and money in the installation process.
In addition to the traditional Nav 1 and Nav 2 audio capabilities, The PMA450 offers three additional audio switched inputs that can be named to represent exactly what those inputs are being used for. For example, the pilot may want to be able to switch on and off audio annunciations like GPS waypoint alerts, AOA alerts, or other types of selectable audio signals.
With the increased popularity of mobile personal electronic devices, such as tablets, PDAs, iPhones, and iPads, the PMA450 has a built-in 10 Watt-USB charger. Never be stuck with a discharged personal mobile device in the cockpit again!
The PMA450 is plug-and-play with the PMA8000 series and the GARMIN® GMA340 so the amount of time to replace an existing system is negligible, helping to further reduce the cost of upgrading. PS Engineering's new audio panel featuring 6-place Stereo, dual Bluetooth, Aircraft radio recorder, and a whole lot more.
Check list of capabilities:
• IntelliAudio® True Dimensional Sound provides listening to com radios at the same time
• IntelliVox® automatic VOX system with individually gated microphones
• Bluetooth® enabled allowing up to two devices to be connected simultaneously
• 3-Softkey User Interface integrated with Graphis Display allows intuitive operation of all of the advanced functions
• 6 - Place hi-fi stereo intercom with Soft Mute™
• Monitor Mode allows automatic muting of non-primary radio
• 3 - music mute modes: Mute On, Mute Off, Radio Mute
• Volume control for Intercom, Speaker, Marker Beacon Audio, 3 Switched Inputs, Telephone, and all Music Inputs
• Built-in Marker Beacon Receiver
• Cellular telephone input with "DuTel™" telephone distribution
• Front panel control of telephone side tone
• Digital aircraft radio recorder (IRS™)
• USB Charging port provides up to 10 Watts of power for iPads, iPhones, and other Personal Digital Accessories. Auto-protection prevents electrical shorts from being an issue. The USB charger when senses a short, will automatically shut the USB port down. No fuses necessary.
• Split mode for dual audio panel capability
• 2 - Differential, hi-fidelity stereo music source inputs (no ground loop noise)
• 3 - Isolation modes - Pilot Isolate, All, and Crew
• 4 - unswitched inputs
• Selectable music distribution for pilot, copilot and passengers
• Selectable intercom mode with special "Alternate Intercom Mode"
• RAM (Radio Active Mute) eliminates constant back ground noise from radio static
• 2-year Pro-Support Warranty
** Versions available with or wothout Marker Beacon receiver.
The UK's Independent Review Site
An extremely pro-active company who you can actually speak to and discuss products and your needs. They are very knowledgeable. They have an excellent repair and update facility.
Good range of products - from high end Avionics to low end consumables and accessories
All products I have bought from Mendelssohns have been of high quality and well up to my expectations.
To calculate your shipping click here >>
Free UK Mainland delivery on orders over £150.00 inc VAT
£5.40 inc VAT (up to 500g Royal Mail 1st Class recorded post)
£7.20 inc VAT/20Kg (ParcelForce 2 working days)
£12.00 inc VAT/20Kg (ParcelForce next working day).
Delivery prices will be calculated and displayed at checkout
Some products entail special delivery costs (e.g. Hazardous goods)
We are an EASA part 145 approved organisation. Our policy is to sell only high quality products which offer good value for money. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase please return the goods in original condition and packaging within 28 days of purchase for replacement, exchange, or a full no quibble refund.