The XGPS170D features a WAAS GPS, dual band (978/1090 MHz) ADSÐB receiver for weather & traffic information. The receiver works with many EFB apps. It connects to up to 2 devices via Bluetooth, and is compatible with iPad, Android and Windows tablets. The internal battery lasts 5 hours of continuous operation, and the receiver can be charged with the included 12-30V adapter and wall charger. A non-slip pad is also included for convenience.
FAA's ADS-B Weather and Traffic Information in the Cockpit
Introduced more than a decade ago by the FAA, ADS-B (Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast) provides weather and traffic information to all aircraft equipped with an ADS-B receiver, such as the XGPS170D, subscription-free. The ADS-B weather & traffic data is displayed on a compatible EFB app (sold separately) on an iPad, Android or Windows tablet.
The XGPS170D provides the following ADS-B In services:
Flight Information Service-Broadcast (FIS-B). FIS-B provides regional and continental NEXRAD radar imagery from the National Weather Service, as well as NOTAMs, METARs, TAFs, PIREPs, winds aloft and other valuable inÐflight weather services. FIS-B also includes information on temporary flight restrictions (TFR) and special use airspaces (SUA).
Traffic Information Service Broadcast (TIS-B). The TIS-B information is air traffic information obtained from ATC radar and broadcast from ground radio stations. This information greatly enhances pilotsÕ situational awareness and aids their visual orientation of nearby aircraft traffic.*
(*ADS-B traffic broadcasts are only transmitted from the ground transmitters in response to an ADS-B Out transponder operating on your aircraft or another aircraft in the area.)
The XGPS170D also receives position reports directly from a nearby aircraft operating ADS-B Out transponders on 978 MHz and/or 1090 MHz frequencies.
The removable ADS-B antenna on the XGPS170D allows pilots to connect to an external antenna on the aircraft. (This should be a dedicated, passive transponder antenna that is located at least 3ft away from the active transponder antenna.)
Wireless Bluetooth Connectivity to Two Devices
The XGPS170D wirelessly sends GPS and ADS-B data via Bluetooth to up to two devices simultaneously. The XGPS170D can be positioned up to 30ft. away from the connected tablet or a smartphone.
Bluetooth Advantage over WiÐFi
Because the XGPS170D uses Bluetooth, the Wi-Fi connection on your device is left free for other uses, such as connecting to the Internet (for weather services, flight plan updates, etc.) or to another accessory. There are no hassles with switching between networks and no service interruptions when using Bluetooth connection.
Set Up is a Breeze
It takes less than a minute to pair your mobile device with the XGPS170D, and the receiver will remember your device and reconnect automatically the next time you turn it on.
BuiltÐIn Rechargeable Battery
The XGPS170D has a built-in rechargeable battery that lasts for up to 5 hours of continuous use. The included 12-30VDC cigarette lighter adapter charges the receiver (or your tablet) in a car or in an aircraft. The XGPS170D can also be charged using the included wall charger, or the wall charger that comes with your tablet.
Useful In and Out of the Plane
At your destination, the XGPS170D becomes an ideal navigation assistant. Take it with you to the car, on a boat or hiking. Set it for GPS-only mode for use with pretty much any app that requires location information, including apps for car and marine navigation, golfing, geocaching, hiking and many others. (Although the GPS receiver works anywhere in the world, please note that the ADS-B weather signal typically cannot be received on the ground in most places.)
• Dual-band (978 UAT and 1090 ES) ADS-B Receiver
• ADS-B Weather (FIS-B) Reception
• ADS-B Traffic (ADS-R/TIS-B) Reception
• Bluetooth wireless connectivity:
- Connects to up to two devices simultaneously
- Leaves each device free to connect to other devices/service via WiFi or Bluetooth
• Works with iOS, Android and Windows EFB software as well as select GRT EFIS devices. For a complete list, see the "Apps" tab.
• Use with the included removable antenna or connect to an external antenna
• Built-in Rechargeable Battery lasts up to 5 hours of continuous use in ADS-B mode
• WAAS GPS Receiver works with any app that requires location information, including apps for car navigation, boating, hiking, etc.
• 12-30 VDC and 120-240 VAC chargers included
• Adjustable brightness LEDs for day and night flying
• Non-slip pad included to secure XGPS170D on the glare shield or window.
Dimensions (W x H x D)
XGPS170D (without the antenna): 4.3″ x 2.7″ x 1.0″
Non-slip pad: 3.7" x 5.6" x 1.0"
Weight (with the antenna): 5.3oz
• 978 MHz in (receive only)
• 1090 MHz In (receive only)
• L1 frequency, SBAS (WAAS, MSAS, EGNOS, GAGAN) supported
• Cold start: < 29 sec. typ. (open sky)
• Warm start: < 25 sec. typ. (open sky)
• CSR engine
• Version 2.1 + EDR
• Range: ~ 10m (~ 33 ft.) (open space)
• Operating temperature: 14°F - 140°F (-10°C - 60°C)
• Storage temperature: -4°F - 176°F (-20°C - 80°C)
• Relative humidity: 5% - 95% non condensing
Up to 59,000 ft.
• Input voltage: 5 VDC
• Operating time: ~ 5 hours of continuous use (ADS-B mode)
• Charging time: ~ 3 hours
Cigarette Lighter Power Adapter
• Input: 12-30 VDC
• Output: 5 VDC, 2.1A
• Input: 100-;240 V AC, 50/60Hz
• Output: 5 VDC, 2.1A
WHAT YOU GET
• The XGPS170D GPS + ADS-B Receiver
• Removable ADS-B Antenna
• 12-30V Cigarette Lighter Adapter
• Wall charger (100-240V)
• Mini USB to USB charging cable
• Non-slip pad
• Owner's manual with warranty information
The UK's Independent Review Site
Many thanks for your exceptional customer service, I always encourage my flying friends to buy from you because of this."
Tony (Tottenham, London)
Good product range, availability and usually the best price.
Good as always!
I received good and helpful advice about my prospective purchase and there was no attempt to rush me into a decision to purchhase
To calculate your shipping click here >>
Orders will continue to be shipped normally until Friday 22nd December.
Products ordered between 23rd December 2017 and 3rd January 2018 will be sent out on 3rd January 2018
Free UK Mainland delivery on orders over £150.00 inc VAT
£5.40 inc VAT (up to 500g Royal Mail 1st Class recorded post)
£7.20 inc VAT/20Kg (ParcelForce 2 working days)
£12.00 inc VAT/20Kg (ParcelForce next working day).
Delivery prices will be calculated and displayed at checkout
Some products entail special delivery costs (e.g. Hazardous goods)
We are an EASA part 145 approved organisation. Our policy is to sell only high quality products which offer good value for money. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase please return the goods in original condition and packaging within 28 days of purchase for replacement, exchange, or a full no quibble refund.