The Garmin AERA 550 GPS
touch screen portable offers easy transition from flying to driving with an intuitive, icon-driven user interface. The aera models feature crisp 4.3” QVGA widescreens, plus the simplicity of a single cable solution for power.
For aviation, aera combines colourfully detailed topography with built-in terrain/obstacles alerting, highresolution terrain, and airways are also available with selected models. Aviation Features and Specifications
- Easy-to-use touch screen interface
- Bright 4.3” diagonal, color touch screen display; 480 x 272 pixels; WQVGA TFT display with white backlight
- Lithium-ion battery - lasts up to five hours, depending on usage and settings
- Flight Plans: 50 with up to 300 points each
- Flight log: At least 30 most recent flights
- Auto time zone – aera will automatically adjust your time zone while navigating
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver with WAAS position accuracy for improved performance and reception
- Simplified PC connectivity, using USB mass storage for easy data base updates at http://fly.garmin.com
- Unit dimensions – 5.3”W x 3.3”H x 0.9”D
- Weight – 9.5 oz (270g)
- Rugged and waterproof (IPX-7)
- Interface with SL30 and SL40 for frequency tuning
- Preloaded street maps of Europe
- Turn-by-turn directions with voice guidance - “Turn right on High Street”
- Bluetooth wireless technology– enabling hands-free calling
- Micro-SD™ card slot for optional mapping and data storage
- Trip computer records mileage, max speed, total time and more
- Lane Assist – lane guidance will direct you to the lane that you need to be in while navigating
- Junction View - you will see a realistic image of some major junctions
- Garmin Connect™ Photos – associate your favorite images with saved locations and visit Garmin Connect at http://connect.garmin.com to download new images with included coordinates
- Built-in travel kit includes features such as picture viewer, world clock, currency and measurement converters and calculator
- Popular optional accessories include: Navteq traffic updates via GTM 20 and motorcycle mount
Package includes: aera 550, yoke mount, automotive friction mount, vehicle power cable, mains charger with uk/euro adaptors, battery, USB cable, GTM20 Automotive traffic receiver, pilot’s guide, quick start manuals, One year free aviation data base coupon, and carrying case
The UK's Independent Review Site
May I reiterate my thanks to you for your friendly and very prompt attention to my order.
Mrs. B (Scarborough, N York's)
Good as always!
I received good and helpful advice about my prospective purchase and there was no attempt to rush me into a decision to purchhase
Prompt responses to emails and excellent advice
Sally Fenton (Kent)
To calculate your shipping click here >>
Free UK Mainland delivery on orders over £150.00 inc VAT
£5.40 inc VAT (up to 500g Royal Mail 1st Class recorded post)
£7.20 inc VAT/20Kg (ParcelForce 2 working days)
£12.00 inc VAT/20Kg (ParcelForce next working day).
Delivery prices will be calculated and displayed at checkout
Some products entail special delivery costs (e.g. Hazardous goods)
We are an EASA part 145 approved organisation. Our policy is to sell only high quality products which offer good value for money. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase please return the goods in original condition and packaging within 28 days of purchase for replacement, exchange, or a full no quibble refund.