Affordable Audio Control for Your Certified Avionics
Draws on top-end Garmin audio technology for “home theater” quality sound with dedicated music volume knobs for pilot and copilot
3D Audio processing helps pilots “locate” inputs coming into their headsets
Advanced Auto Squelch technology automatically adapts to quiet or noisy environments without clipping words or cutting out during conversation
Digital voice recorder offers instant replay of comm radio inputs
Offers slide-in replacement upgrade for GMA 340 and select third-party audio panels
For pilots who want the best of the basics in audio control, combined with rich “home theater” quality sound, the GMA 342 all-digital audio panel is a perfect fit. It’s affordably priced yet loaded with features previously found only on high-end audio management systems. Plus, for easy system upgrade, it offers direct slide-in replacement for legacy GMA 340 or select third-party audio control panels. So it doesn’t take long for your installer to pull out the old and slide in the new.
Easy Connections, Better Communications
With its advanced sound processing and distribution features, GMA 342 offers a superior inflight audio experience. It can support dual comm, dual nav, 3 aux receivers and 2 wired stereo music inputs — enhanced with bass boost levels, equalizer settings and exclusive 3D Audio technology that spatially separates the multiple communication sources entering your headset. Other highlights include industry-leading Auto Squelch, a digital clearance recorder and marker beacon receiver. A 3.5-mm audio jack on the faceplate allows smartphones, tablets or music players to be plugged in and routed through the cabin headsets, with selectable instant muting when radio calls are received from ATC.
Enjoy a Little Traveling Music
GMA 342 really shines when it comes to music support. You can connect up to 2 dedicated stereo music sources via the unit’s rear connectors (think of a wired SiriusXM® satellite music receiver plus an auxiliary music device), and then add a third mobile device into the front plug-in jack. You can select any one of these 3 sources from the audio unit, so it’s easy to route cell phone calls or music inputs to pilot, copilot and passenger headsets — up to 6 locations in all.
Listen in Virtual 3-D
For your radio communications, advanced 3-D digital sound processing, first introduced to general aviation by Garmin, enables GMA 342 to approximate how the human ear normally hears and registers multiple audio sources in space. With stereo headsets, incoming audio is spatially separated to reflect how different audio sources come from different directions around you. This makes it easier to distinguish one source from another — and helps you focus on the higher-priority calls coming into your headset. For example, COMM 1 will seem like it’s coming from the left while COMM 2 will seem to be coming from the right.
Get Instant Replay on ATC Calls and Clearances
An automatic digital voice recorder on GMA 342 continuously captures the last 60 seconds of incoming active comm audio for instant playback with a single button press. Any pilot who’s ever missed an ATC call, frequency assignment or clearance amendment will appreciate the value of this handy “say again” function.
High-performance Auto Squelch
To further enhance the cockpit audio experience, advanced Auto Squelch technology on GMA 342 automatically adapts to a quiet or noisy environment without clipping words or cutting out during conversation. A high-performance digital signal processor constantly monitors ambient noise level and automatically adjusts the mic squelch level required to keep intercom conversation as comfortable and natural as possible — whether you’re talking over engine noise in flight or quietly going through your preflight checklist on the ground. The unit’s Auto Squelch technology automatically adjusts for these variances, allowing you to speak at normal levels, no matter what the ambient sound conditions may be.
Upgrading the audio experience in your cockpit is easy with GMA 342. It’s fully rack-and-pin compatible in dual-Comm installations with the Garmin GMA 340 as well as select third-party audio panels. So, swap-out replacement takes minimal downtime. The audio panel’s built-in intercom and marker beacon help further reduce installation time for the system. And since it can operate on either 14 or 28 volts, there’s no need for any external voltage regulators or the wiring that goes with them. Fast, easy, affordable — that’s the GMA 342 audio upgrade path.
Physical & Performance
• Electrical:14-28 VDC
• Unit size: 6.3"W x 1.33"H x 8.09"D (160 x 34 x 205 mm), includes mounting rack and connectors
• Weight: 1.78 lbs. (807.4g), includes rack, backplate and connectors
• Temperature: -20° C to +55° C (operating)
• Altitude range: to +55,000 ft. MSL unpressurized
• Power requirements: 11 to 33 VDC input
• Impedance: 600 ohm
• Max Input: 5 Vrms
• Isolation: 60 dB minimum
• Bandwidth: 100 Hz to 6.5 kHz
• Transceiver: 3 (including TEL)
• Receiver: 5 (NAV1, NAV2, AUX1, AUX2, AUX3)
• Alerts: 4 (unswitched)
• Telephone input: 1
• Positions: 6 (pilot, copilot, 4 passengers)
• Volume control: 2 (pilot, copilot/passengers)
• VOX: Automatic (1 per MIC input)
• Modes: Pilot, crew, all
• MIC impedance: 150 ohm
• MIC bias: 11 VDC through 470 ohm
• Keyed ICS: Configurable
• Inputs: 2 (independent from front 3.5 mm jack)
• Impedance: Connector pins 600 ohm (differential); front jack 5kOhm
• Max input: Rear connector 3.0 Vrms; front jack 1.5 Vrms
• Gain: Rear connector +24 dB Max; front jack +21 dB Max/-96dB Min
• Input level: < 200 mVrms at max gain for full power out
• Bandwidth: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
• Distortion: < 0.1% THD+N typical at full power over full bandwidth
• Muting: Selectable and configurable
• Volume control: Knob controlled (Pilot and Copilot/Pass)
• Output amplifiers 3 Stereo (pilot, copilot, passenger)
• Output power: 65 mW into 150 Ohms pilot and copilot, 260 mW into 37.5 Ohms passenger
• Distortion: < 3% THD+N at 10% power, < 10% THD+N at full power
• Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
• Impedance rated: 150 Ohm pilot/copilot, 37.5 Ohm passenger (4-150 Ohm headsets)
• Impedance supported: 150 to > 600 Ohm
COM/TEL Microphone Outputs
• Output power: 15 mW into 150 Ohms (1.5 Vrms)
• Distortion: < 3% THD+N at 10% Power, < 10% THD+N at full power
• Frequency response: 300 Hz to 6 kHz
Front Jack Microphone Output
• Output power: 170 uW into 450 Ohms (276 mVrms) connected as phone
• Frequency response: 300 Hz to 6 kHz
• Outputs: 1
• 28 Volt Aircraft: 10 Watt into 4 Ohm; 7 Watt into 8 Ohm
• 14 Volt Aircraft: 3 Watt into 4 Ohm; 3dB@1kHz Bandwidth 350 Hz to 6.5 kHz
• 3dB@1kHz Bandwidth 350 Hz to 6.5 kHz
• Distortion: < 10% THD+N @ Full Power, < 3% THD+N @ 10% Power
• Record time max: 1 minute
Code Load Options
• Config switches: 8 (see install manual for descriptions)
• Voltage: 14 V or 28 V
The UK's Independent Review Site
Prompt responses to emails and excellent advice
Sally Fenton (Kent)
I received an excellent service and the delivery was quick and all worked well
Graham Newton (London)
May I reiterate my thanks to you for your friendly and very prompt attention to my order.
Mrs. B (Scarborough, N York's)
To calculate your shipping click here >>
Orders will continue to be shipped normally until Friday 22nd December.
Products ordered between 23rd December 2017 and 3rd January 2018 will be sent out on 3rd January 2018
Free UK Mainland delivery on orders over £150.00 inc VAT
£5.40 inc VAT (up to 500g Royal Mail 1st Class recorded post)
£7.20 inc VAT/20Kg (ParcelForce 2 working days)
£12.00 inc VAT/20Kg (ParcelForce next working day).
Delivery prices will be calculated and displayed at checkout
Some products entail special delivery costs (e.g. Hazardous goods)
We are an EASA part 145 approved organisation. Our policy is to sell only high quality products which offer good value for money. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase please return the goods in original condition and packaging within 28 days of purchase for replacement, exchange, or a full no quibble refund.