PS Engineering has taken some of the technology from the DSP based PMA450 and built a package that better suit the Homebuilder's need for avionics. The user interface eliminates the need to open up the Pilot's Guide.
Bluetooth®, soft-key buttons and a graphics display makes the functionality of the functions easy.
• IntelliAudio® True Dimensional Sound simplifies listening to com radios at the same time
• 4 - Place hi-fi stereo IntelliVox® Intercom with Soft Mute™
• Enhanced Bluetooth® capability that includes Caller ID, complete control of the telephone from the audio panel front panel and music streaming capability.
• 3-Softkey User Interface with integrated Graphics Display
• Monitor Mode allows automatic muting of non-primary radio
• 3 - music mute modes: Mute On, Mute Off, Radio Mute
• Volume control for Intercom, 2 Switched Inputs, Telephone, and all Music Inputs
• Digital aircraft radio recorder (IRS™)
• USB Charging port provides up to 10 Watts of power for iPads, iPhones, and other Personal Digital Accessories. Auto-protection prevents electrical shorts from being an issue. The USB charger will automatically shut the USB port down when a problem is detected. No fuses necessary.
• Split mode for dual audio panel capability
• 2 - Differential, hi-fidelity stereo music source inputs (no ground loop noise)
• 3 - Intercom modes - Pilot Isolate, All, and Crew
• 4 - unswitched inputs
• Selectable music distribution for pilot, copilot and passengers
• Selectable intercom mode with special "Alternate Intercom Mode"
• 2-year Pro-Support Warranty
The new PDA360EX was developed with some of the capabilities of the PMA450 in mind. The PDA360EX provides a practical set of functions most appropriate for the experimental aircraft builder.
One of the things in common with its big brother, the PMA450, is IntelliAudio®. This is an invention from the United States Air Force that brings to the pilot the ability to discern individual radios while they are playing at the same time.
A digital communications interface, IntelliAudio® places Com 1 and Com 2 audio in various positions within the stereo headset, making simultaneous radio signals sound as if they are coming from different locations. Com 1 and Com 2 audio can be placed in 9 unique positions, making it easier for the pilot to concentrate on the radio of choice while ignoring the radio of lesser importance at the time. For example, the pilot can choose to pay attention to ATC while ignoring ATIS, depending upon what is pertinent at the moment.
Access these capabilities is accomplished through three soft-key buttons with an integrated graphics display. This interface provides intuitive operation, nearly eliminating the need for an operator's manual.
The PDA360EX has our IntelliVox® automatic VOX system, invented by PS Engineering in 1997. It provides both pilots and passengers with automatic intercom squelch control. By consensus of the GA community, IntelliVox® “works like magic” and eliminates the need for any manual adjustments to the intercom squelch.
A great amount of flexibility is provided to allow tailoring the operation for the pilot. From music distribution, volume control for just about every input, and the ability to customize the labeling of specialized switch input signals.
What would a new audio panel be without Bluetooth®? The PDA360EX system supports the connections to entertainment and telephone devices. The graphics display provides caller ID so the pilot knows if it is a call to be taken or not.
With the increased popularity of mobile personal electronic devices, such as tablets, PDAs, iPhones, and iPads, the PDA360EX has a built-in 10 Watt-USB charger. This system is always monitoring the output power consumption and will automatically disconnect if is senses a short.
The PDA360EX is plug-and-play with the GARMIN® GMA240 or the PMA5000EX so the time to replace an existing system is negligible, helping to further reduce the cost of upgrading.
The UK's Independent Review Site
Pro- active service - can do approach - very refreshing
Good as always!
I received good and helpful advice about my prospective purchase and there was no attempt to rush me into a decision to purchhase
Prompt responses to emails and excellent advice
Sally Fenton (Kent)
To calculate your shipping click here >>
Orders will continue to be shipped normally until Friday 22nd December.
Products ordered between 23rd December 2017 and 3rd January 2018 will be sent out on 3rd January 2018
Free UK Mainland delivery on orders over £150.00 inc VAT
£5.40 inc VAT (up to 500g Royal Mail 1st Class recorded post)
£7.20 inc VAT/20Kg (ParcelForce 2 working days)
£12.00 inc VAT/20Kg (ParcelForce next working day).
Delivery prices will be calculated and displayed at checkout
Some products entail special delivery costs (e.g. Hazardous goods)
We are an EASA part 145 approved organisation. Our policy is to sell only high quality products which offer good value for money. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase please return the goods in original condition and packaging within 28 days of purchase for replacement, exchange, or a full no quibble refund.